March 1st, 2018 (Estimated date)
Beyond-Human is a combination of platformer and hack & slash inspired by Metroid, Megaman, and Devil May Cry. Beyond-Human builds upon the classic open-world Metroidvania style by mixing a deep hack and slash combat system, exploration, and 16-bit pixel art. The combat is inspired by an exciting mix of the Metroid and Devil May Cry franchises. The combat may feel similar to people that have enjoyed Devil May Cry and Guacamelee. Melee combat is all about performing combos that are easy to do but hard to master. You will also unlock new weapons by defeating bosses and mini bosses to improve your arsenal.
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world following a devastating alien invasion. Players will take control of Adam, a silent protagonist that wakes up in the year 2099 from a coma and suffers from amnesia. What happened to create this chaos? Who is Adam? The story revolves around solving these mysteries in a world where alien conspiracies have become reality.
- Metroidvania Style Progression
- Environmental Storytelling
- 6 Locations to Explore
- 6 Boss Battles
- 10+ Mini-Boss Battles
- 30+ Unlockable Gun Modes & Melee Moves
Devlog #3 YouTube
Kickstarter Trailer YouTube
Devlog #2 YouTube
Devlog #1 YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Beyond-Human. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "Beyond Human Looks Beyond Cool."
- Jahanzeb Khan, HardcoreGamer
- "Beyond Human is heavy on atmosphere."
- Anthony Swinnich, Indie Games
- "Still waiting for a new 2D Metroid? Take a look at Beyond Human"
- Darren Nakamura, Destructoid